Telescope™ Users' Area - Group Training Class
Our next Telescope™ Group Training Class will be held Wednesday, July 16, 2014 and Thursday, July 17, 2014, in Philadelphia. Register by April 25 to receive the Early Bird Discount. You must register by May 23, but please sign up as soon as possible, as space is limited. You must be on the Annual Maintenance Plan to qualify for this class. Please contact us at 215-606-3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This intensive, hands-on class will help you learn to use Telescope™ as efficiently and effectively as possible. Participants will work through the process of performing an ESOP repurchase obligation study from start to finish using Telescope™. Attendance will be limited to 15 people.
Some of the things that will be covered in the class will include:
- Performing a historical analysis of company turnover
- Discussing the provisions in your ESOP plan document and entering the appropriate assumptions into Telescope™
- Analyzing and interpreting results
- Modeling additional scenarios
- Customizing reports and graphing results
- Creating a meaningful report for the Board of Directors
View a tentative agenda for the next Group Training Class using the following link: Group Training Agenda
Who Should Attend
The Telescope Group Training Class is ideal for those who are new to Telescope™—whether your company just licensed the software, or if the responsibility for doing the projections has been transitioned to a new person within the company. Participants must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ESOPs, and must bring a laptop computer to class with Telescope™ installed.
Advanced Preparation Required
Prior to the class, attendees will be asked to gather and review materials for their ESOP repurchase obligation study and fill out a questionnaire. In preparation for the class, you will be asked to attend two online webinars. These webinars will cover what data is needed for your Telescope™ study and answer your questions about the assumptions you are preparing for your study. You are encouraged to get buy-in from key management on the assumptions you are developing for use in Telescope prior to the actual training class.
The cost for the Telescope™ Group Training Class is $1599 per attendee if you sign up before April 25, and $1699 per attendee otherwise. (The deadline for registrations is May 23.) You must be on the Annual Maintenance Plan to qualify for this class. Register by clicking on the following link (you must submit a separate registration form for each registrant). The confirmation, invoice and supplemental materials will be sent via email upon registration.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Invoices will be sent upon registration. Credit card payments are not accepted. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice. If you need to cancel your reservation at any time, the following rules apply:
- Registrations cancelled up to 10 business days prior to the start of class are subject to a $500 cancellation fee.
- Registrations cancelled less than 10 business days prior to the start of class are subject to a $1,000 cancellation fee.
- Registrants who hold reservations and fail to attend will not receive a refund.
ESOP Economics reserves the right to cancel any class more than 30 days prior to the start date of the class. In such instances, our liability is limited to the full refund of the registration fee.
The Group Training Class will take place at the HUB at 30 South 17th Street, 14th Floor, in the heart of Center City, Philadelphia.
Click to view a list of nearby hotels.
- Wednesday, May 23 - Deadline to register
- Tuesday, June 3, 3 pm - 4 pm Eastern Time- 1st Webinar
- Topic: Gathering data for study, with a focus on preparing your census and allocation file for import into Telescope, including a discussion about employee groups.
- Tuesday, July 1, 3 pm - 4 pm Eastern Time - 2nd Webinar
- Topic: Discussion about historical turnover analysis. Also, answering your questions, assessing reasonableness of assumptions, getting buy-in, alternative scenarios, etc.
- July 16 and 17, 2014 - Telescope™ Group Training Class in Philadelphia, PA
- Wednesday, July 16: 9 am to 5 pm - During this session, we will discuss the process of completing a repurchase obligation study, help users interpret their ESOP plan documents, guide them through formatting their census for import into Telescope and performing a historical turnover analysis, and help them enter their assumptions into the software.
- Thursday, July 17: 8 am to 2 pm - During this session, we will guide users through running projections, interpreting reports and analyzing results, modeling additional scenarios, and customizing reports. We will also discuss how to create a meaningful report for the Board of Directors.
What to Bring
Casual attire is encouraged and breakfast, light snacks, refreshments, and lunch on both days will be served. We will organize an optional, casual dinner on Monday evening; each attendee will be responsible for the cost of his/her dinner.
You must bring a laptop computer with you with Telescope™ installed. If Telescope™ is not currently installed on your laptop computer, please contact us for help. There will be wireless internet available. You will also need to bring the following completed documents and electronic files:
- Census File Checklist (sent to you upon registration)
- Plan Document Checklist (sent to you upon registration)
- Questionnaire (sent to you upon registration)
- Most recent census file with allocations and employee groups added (Excel spreadsheet)
- Historical census files with employee groups added (Excel spreadsheet)
- Any additional ESOP materials, documents, or financials that will aid you as you perform your study in Telescope and analyze your results.
It is very important that you come to the Group Training Class prepared, so that you make the most efficient, effective, and beneficial use of your time!
Group Training Class "Prep Package"
If you need help or don't have the time or resources to format your allocation file for import into Telescope or format your historical census files for the turnover analysis we will complete in class, we can help! ESOP Economics offers a “Prep Package” at an additional cost, to assist you in preparing your data so that you will be prepared for the Group Training Class. For us to complete a Prep Package for you, we will ask that you send us your plan document (along with any amendments and separate written distribution policy, if applicable), your most recent allocation file, and three – five years of historical census data. Then we will:
- Review your plan document, amendments, and distribution policy, and complete a plan document checklist for your use in entering plan provisions into Telescope
- Review and format your census and allocation data for import into Telescope
- Review and format your historical census files for use in the historical turnover analysis that we will perform in class
We will charge for the "Prep Package" based on the amount of time it takes us (which will depend on the condition of your census data). The cost is likely to be between $1,000 and $1,250, but please contact us at 215-606-3600 or email@example.com to discuss your specific situation.
What Previous Attendees Are Saying
"The class was very worthwhile. It was valuable to me to listen to the explanations of why certain options were chosen, and understand different ways to double check my data."
"The class is hands-on - using your own census, your own plan document, and NO distractions! The turnover analysis was also a great help. It gave a much more realistic rate than traditional calcs from HR."
"The staff was gracious and very knowledgeable."
Please contact us at 215-606-3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information about any of our Telescope™ support options, or if you are not currently on the Annual Maintenance Plan and you are interested in registering for the Telescope™ Group Training Class.